It’s very easy to have a blog. But to earn money out of that blog is not too easy. It requires qualities like dedication, hard-work, knowledge and most importantly patience.
Ok let’s get started.
There are two ways by which you can earn money from a blog –
- Indirect way – You are a businessmen and trying to sell your product or service, by the help of your blog.
- Direct way – You are a blogger and want to earn money by the Ad schemes.
If you are using an indirect way to make money out of a blog, you are no longer a blogger. You became an entrepreneur, who uses the online platform to run his business. You can have a online store of yourself, where you can sell your products or services. Also you can use the platform for building a brand name for your business. You can make people know about your products and services by educating them. You can expand you business globally and you can reach to clients irrespective of borders and territories.
The modern era is the technical era. It is the era where everyone has a mobile in pocket. Half of the world population is using social networking sites like Facebook, twitter. Now the time changed when people go to shopping with a wallet full with notes. No, it’s all out of fashion.
Now, people use credit cards, debit cards for shopping. As there is less risk in carrying debit card instead of hard cash. And also the companies provide the clients points or gifts in return. Also the craze of net-banking is increasing. Sometimes latter, people hesitate in using net banking but now net banking is also famous. Customers now don’t have time to go to a shopkeeper with a list of items in hand and they don’t even have time for it. Now it is the time of e-commerce, where customers like to search all the items he/she wanted on internet. Internet provides them facility to compare the price of various products and compare the pricing at various shops without any headache. Even businessmen can deliver those best offers on internet.
At present time small businessmen are facing direct competition from giant malls and shopping center. They provide the customer facilities like home delivery, special offers, technical support, guaranteed products and a very good shopping experience. In order to compete with these giants small businessmen need to pull up their socks and also need to do what clients like. Hey, but a small businessmen don’t have much money to invest or don’t have a team of workers to fight with this giants.
This is where the concept of blogs get introduced. The best way to enhance your business almost at a no limit level is provided by the blog. Want to know how? Just go through the following points.
- Marketing– Marketing is the main weapon used to enhance a business. Companies spent even millions in marketing their products. It is well said quote “Jo Dikhta he wohi Bikta he.” And it is 100 % true. But a small businessman neither has enough money to invest for marketing nor have any team to look for marketing purpose. But by generating a blog you can do marketing of your products without a very high investment. You can also use Social Media platforms for marketing as they are almost free.
- Brand Image– It is a very similar concept to marketing. Everyone wanted the product they are using to be branded. And the company having a known, Brand name can sale product at any rate. But the most important thing about branding is not this one. The most important reason why people like brands is Trust which is associated with this company brands. Small businessmen can’t establish a worldwide brand but by the help of his blog he can definitely establish his brand in that particular city.
3) Reach the Unreach – If you are having any business in a particular area of a city, Then you may be famous in that area or may be in the whole city. But still you can’t extend your business to that area where your business is not present. But by the help of blog your business can become omnipresent. And you can increase your sales to a very high level.
4) Feedback – When a client came to your shop you never ask for a feedback. And if you ask client will definitely provide you a positive feedback. But in case of ecommerce you will also find some negative feedbacks which will help you to ameliorate yourself. And you can analysis your business through them in order to increase your efficiency. You can also showcase the positive feedback of your clients to attract more customers.
5) Window shopping – Clients love to do window shopping, it’s their habit to compare rates of various products at various shops, and websites help them to do this in a better way. By the help of your website you can provide special offers and schemes directly to your customers and then they will have a reason to purchase products from your shop.
6) Database – By the help of blogs, you can save client’s important contact information like contact no., email id, address. This will help you to create a database of your clients and by the help of which you can get connected to them.
7) Contact sharing – Gone are the days when customers search the contacts of a businessmen via telephone directories or visiting cards. Now, they just google it. For ex – If I want to know about the best marriage hall in the city, what I will do ? I will just start the internet on my mobile, google the information and go to the website of my interest from where I will extract all the contact details of that particular marriage hall.
I hope you have now a lot of reasons why it is important to have a blog to enhance your business. Now let’s move to the second phase, how you can earn money using AdSense programs.
If you are using a direct way to earn money out of blogger, you need to be smart and pro-active. Because there is lot of competition out there a lot of bloggers have already written on the same topic that you are starting to write.
You can make money by putting ads on your blog. Strategies used to monetize your blog includes –
- Cost Per Click Advertising – Here you put ads on your blog. And every time a user click on your ad you will get paid. You need to contact an advertisement agency like Google adwords. These agencies provide you a code which is basically an advertisement. You need to put this code on your site, and everytime someone click on the ad, you got paid.
If you are applying for a CPC ad, make sure you got a hell lot of traffic on your website. The more the traffic on your website the more are the chances that people will click on your advertisement. Other factors also come in account like the relevance of ad with the content of your blog and the target audience. If your target audience is from European country than you will be paid more as compare to Asian audience.
Also you need to keep the ad placement into consideration, Make sure your better performing ads are placed on correct position to get maximum number of clicks.
Some of the websites which provides advertisement for your blog are –
- Google Adsense
- Cost Per Mile Advertising – Just like CPC you put your ad on your blog. The only difference is that instead of getting paid for clicks you will be paid for the number of page views your blog gets. For example if you get 1000 pageviews on your website you will be paid $1. Suppose you want to make $100/ month from your blog you need to get 100,000 page views/month on your website. Sounds tough, isn’t it ?
If you are opting for CPM advertise for your blog make sure you are having account with a better provider who can pay you more for your ads. If you don’t have a lot of traffic on your website then, don’t opt for CPM advertising.
- Affiliate Advertising – Affiliate marketing is one of the best money to earn money online. In Affiliate marketing you put the Signup or Buy now link of the merchant on your blog. If your reader click on the ad link and successfully completes the signup or purchase, you get commission on each sale. Different advertisers provide different type of commission. Make sure the merchant you are choosing for affiliate marketing can pay you a handsome amount of money and more important the merchant product or service should be relevant to the topic of your blog.
Some of the websites that provide a lot of affiliates are as follows –
There are different methods by which you can do affiliate marketing, some of them are –
- TextLinkAds – Here a user can add some text ads in between the blog post. The text ad can be a relevant product or software to the post you are writing. In order to link a text ad on your post you should get the affiliated link from an affiliated link provider by creating an account.
You can earn ahandsome amount of money by textLinkAds but TextLinkAds are very annoying and bad for your blog reputation,so make sure don’t spam your post with TextLinkAds.
- InTextAds – InTextAds are very much similar to the TextLinkAds. The only difference is that whenever a reader moves his mouse cursor over the link, user will get advertising pop up. The pop-up increases the chances that user will click on the ad, but on the contrary can make your website very annoying. Please handle it with care.
- ProductReviews – Writing a product review is the best way to earn money via affiliate programming. You just need to write a review to the product or services related to your website. Make sure you advice the people to choose the best product out of all the products. You can have the affiliated link of that product from the merchant and can put the link to SignUp or BuyNow just in end of your review post. Make sure you are honest with your review. Posting a fake review just to get click on your affiliated merchant’s sites are bad for the reputation of your website.
Also read –
ALL YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRISMA APP – http://wp.me/p7AE9u-1P
What are the pros and cons of using WordPress vs Blogger? – http://wp.me/p7AE9u-1D
Why you need to have a website for your business? – http://wp.me/p7AE9u-11
Want consultancy click here